The Edifier S1000MKII and Klipsch R-51PM are both high-quality bookshelf speakers, but there are some differences between the two that are worth noting:
The Edifier S1000MKII has a more powerful amplifier with a total output of 120 watts compared to the Klipsch R-51PM’s 70 watts. The Edifier also has a larger frequency range and a higher signal-to-noise ratio.
However, the Klipsch R-51PM has a built-in phono preamp for connecting a turntable, while the Edifier S1000MKII does not. The Klipsch also has a subwoofer output, which allows for easy expansion of the system with a separate subwoofer.
Quick summary; if you value power and clarity, the Edifier S1000MKII may be the better choice, but if you want the option to connect a turntable or expand with a subwoofer, the Klipsch R-51PM may be a better fit.
More about the Edifier S1000MKII
Here are some pros and cons of the Edifier S1000MKII:
- High-quality sound: The S1000MKII has a clear and balanced sound with a wide frequency response range.
- Powerful amplifier: The speaker has a total power output of 120 watts RMS, providing plenty of volume and headroom.
- Attractive design: The S1000MKII has a stylish and modern look with a wooden finish and metal grilles.
- Multiple inputs: The speaker has multiple input options, including RCA, XLR, and Bluetooth, allowing for versatile connectivity.
- Large size: The S1000MKII is a fairly large speaker, which may not be suitable for smaller spaces.
- No built-in phono preamp: If you plan to connect a turntable, you’ll need to purchase a separate phono preamp.
- No subwoofer output: If you want to add a subwoofer for more bass, you’ll need to use a separate crossover.
More about the Klipsch R-51PM
Here are some pros and cons of the Klipsch R-51PM:
- High-quality sound: The R-51PM has a dynamic and detailed sound with a wide frequency response range.
- Built-in phono preamp: The speaker has a built-in phono preamp, allowing you to easily connect a turntable without needing a separate preamp.
- Subwoofer output: The R-51PM has a subwoofer output, allowing you to easily expand the system with a separate subwoofer.
- Attractive design: The speaker has a sleek and modern design with a black textured finish and copper accents.
- Lower power output: The R-51PM has a total power output of 70 watts RMS, which is lower than some other speakers in this price range.
- Limited input options: The speaker only has two wired input options (RCA and 3.5mm) in addition to Bluetooth, which may not be sufficient for some users.
- Bright treble: The R-51PM has a slightly bright and forward treble, which may not be to everyone’s taste.
If you’re someone visual, check out these videos as well.
This is what others are also asking:
What is the frequency response of the Edifier S1000MKII?
The frequency response of the Edifier S1000MKII is 45Hz – 40kHz. This means that the speaker is capable of reproducing frequencies as low as 45Hz (which is in the bass range) and as high as 40kHz (which is well above the range of human hearing). The wide frequency response range of the S1000MKII contributes to its overall high-quality sound, allowing it to accurately reproduce a wide range of musical genres and sound effects.