The Sony WF-1000XM3 are a great pair of wireless earbuds, but sometimes they can experience charging issues. If your Sony WF-1000XM3 does not charge, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check the charging cable and port. Make sure that the charging cable is properly plugged into the charging case and the earbuds. Also, check the charging port on the earbuds for any dirt or debris that may be preventing the earbuds from charging properly.
2. Try a different charging cable. If you have another charging cable that you can use, try using that to charge the earbuds. If the earbuds charge with a different cable, then the original charging cable may be faulty.
3. Try a different power source. If you are using a USB power adapter to charge the earbuds, try using a different power adapter. If the earbuds charge with a different power adapter, then the original power adapter may be faulty.
4. Reset the earbuds. To do this, press and hold the multifunction button on both earbuds for about 7 seconds until the indicator light flashes red.
5. Factory reset the earbuds. To do this, press and hold the multifunction button and the volume down button on both earbuds for about 10 seconds until the indicator light flashes red and blue.
6. Contact Sony customer support. If you have tried all of the above steps and you are still experiencing charging issues, you can contact Sony customer support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips to prevent charging issues on your Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds:
- Avoid using the earbuds in areas with a lot of heat. Heat can damage the battery and cause it to not charge properly.
- Avoid using the earbuds when they are wet. Moisture can damage the charging contacts on the earbuds and prevent them from charging properly.
- Store the earbuds in the charging case when you are not using them. This will help to preserve the battery life and prevent charging issues.
I hope this helps!