Fram oil filters are generally considered to be of good quality and reliable, providing effective filtration and protection for your engine. However, it is important to consider factors such as compatibility with your specific vehicle make and model, and to select the appropriate oil filter for your engine’s needs.
Fram oil filters have received positive feedback from many users and mechanics. Some of the reasons people consider Fram oil filters to be good include:
- Wide availability: Fram oil filters are widely available at automotive supply stores and online, making them easily accessible for many people.
- Affordable pricing: Compared to some other oil filter brands, Fram filters are relatively affordable, making them an attractive option for those on a budget.
- Good construction: Many people appreciate the construction and durability of Fram oil filters, which are made from high-quality materials and are designed to last.
- Effective filtration: Despite some criticisms, many users have reported that Fram filters effectively remove contaminants and debris from engine oil, helping to keep engines running smoothly.
- Trusted brand: Fram has been a well-known and trusted brand in the automotive industry for many years, and many people have had positive experiences with their oil filters in the past.
There are also people asking what is wrong with Fram oil filters and here’s why
There are some concerns raised by some individuals regarding the quality and performance of Fram oil filters. Some criticisms include:
- Filter element collapse: Some people have reported that the filter elements in Fram filters can collapse under pressure, leading to reduced oil flow and engine damage.
- Poor filtration: There have been claims that Fram filters may not effectively filter out contaminants and debris from engine oil, leading to engine wear and damage.
- Short lifespan: Some people have reported that Fram filters have a shorter lifespan compared to other brands and may need to be replaced more frequently.
It’s worth noting that these concerns are not universally shared and may not apply to all Fram oil filters or in all situations. Individual experiences and results may vary, and the effectiveness of an oil filter depends on a variety of factors, including compatibility with your vehicle and proper maintenance and replacement intervals.
Who makes Fram oil filters?
Fram oil filters are made by Fram Group, a subsidiary of the global automotive parts supplier, MANN+HUMMEL. The company has been producing filters for the automotive industry for over 100 years and is a well-known and trusted brand in the market. They produce a variety of filters, including air, fuel, and oil filters, for a wide range of vehicles and applications.
Fram is a well-known brand that produces a wide range of oil filters for cars and trucks. They offer different types of filters for various applications and are known for their durability and effectiveness in filtering out contaminants and debris from engine oil. Some of their popular oil filter models include PH7317, XG7317, and TG7317. It is important to follow the recommended change intervals and to use the correct filter for your vehicle to ensure optimal engine performance and longevity.