- Design: The Bose Soundbar 500 is a larger and more premium-looking soundbar that is designed to sit in front of your TV or be mounted on the wall. The Bose TV Speaker, on the other hand, is a more compact and simpler design that can easily fit on a TV stand or table.
- Sound quality: The Bose Soundbar 500 delivers a wider and more immersive soundstage with its built-in technology that provides more spacious and natural sound. The Bose TV Speaker, while still delivering good sound quality, is not as powerful as the Soundbar 500.
- Connectivity: Both systems offer multiple ways to connect to your TV, such as HDMI ARC, Bluetooth, and optical cable. However, the Soundbar 500 also includes Wi-Fi and Apple AirPlay 2 connectivity.
- Voice control: Both systems support voice control through Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, but the Soundbar 500 also includes a built-in voice control system, which allows you to control your TV and other smart devices with your voice.
Quick summary; if you are looking for a more powerful and immersive sound system, the Bose Soundbar 500 is the better option. However, if you are looking for a simpler and more affordable option, the Bose TV Speaker is a great choice.
More about the Bose TV Speaker
Here are some pros and cons of the Bose TV Speaker:
- Affordable: The Bose TV Speaker is a more affordable option compared to other Bose soundbars, making it accessible to a wider range of consumers.
- Compact design: The compact design of the Bose TV Speaker makes it easy to fit into small spaces and perfect for those with limited space.
- Easy to set up and use: The Bose TV Speaker is simple to set up and use, and it comes with a remote control for easy access to its features.
- Dialogue mode: The TV Speaker features a dialogue mode, which enhances the clarity of speech for better intelligibility of movie and TV show dialogue.
- Multiple connectivity options: The Bose TV Speaker offers multiple connectivity options, such as HDMI ARC, optical cable, and Bluetooth, making it easy to connect to different devices.
- Limited sound performance: While the Bose TV Speaker delivers good sound quality, it is not as powerful as other more premium soundbars, and may not provide the level of immersion desired by some users.
- Lack of subwoofer: The Bose TV Speaker does not include a subwoofer, which may limit the low-frequency performance and bass response.
- No voice control: The TV Speaker does not include built-in voice control, which may be a downside for users who want to use voice commands to operate their sound system.
- Limited features: The Bose TV Speaker has limited features compared to other soundbars, such as the Bose Soundbar 500, and may not have as many sound modes or connectivity options.
- No Apple AirPlay 2: The Bose TV Speaker does not support Apple AirPlay 2, which may be a downside for Apple device users who want to easily stream audio content to their sound system.
More about the Bose Soundbar 500
The Bose Soundbar 500 is a premium soundbar designed to deliver high-quality audio for your home entertainment system.